British and French interests of 1916 created a host of problems over the next century. Today, Israel should worry about the different world views that have developed between itself and the West. But the new situation also presents Israel with opportunities.
Exactly one hundred years ago, British diplomat Sir Mark Sykes and French diplomat François Georges-Picot divided the Middle East into two zones of influence with catastrophic consequences. This misguided attempt at political order is currently under serious challenge and Israel must be prepared.
Join more than
Israel NewsView all
- Farrakhan Defender Appointed to Top Post at US University
- Israeli Team Exposes Massive Global Cyber Attack on US, India
- ‘I Survived a Suicide bombing 18 Years Ago, but so Did Terrorism and its Appeasers’
- Going the Distance: Israeli Couple Seeks Olympic Gold Together
- No Game of Cones for Israeli-owned Gelato Shop in Toronto Targeted By BDS
- Pro-Palestinian Protesters in NY Shout for Destruction of Israel
- Baseless Israel-bashing Permeates Science, Medicine, and Education Unions
- Corona Crisis: Israel Sends 3,800 Oxygen Concentrators to India
- How Hezbollah Hides Missiles in Lebanese Homes
- US Congresswoman Tlaib Blasted for ‘Dangerous’ Anti-Semitic Libel